Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Week Full of Work

Hey this is a quickie! P-day was full and we're out of time so here's the week. I haven't read your email yet....

Monday
Last Monday we just bummed out in the church and then for FHE we went up to the Frogue's. They had food and Whiffle Ball and Frisbee and football and croquet. It was so much fun! We didn't change out of our skirts, but I wish we would have because I wanted to play the games. We mostly sat and talked. Then we got to go to Brother Frogue's farm! We saw his massive equipment and took pictures in the tractors, we saw the tobacco barns where they were smoking the tobacco, and we saw baby cows and they sucked our fingers!! Haha it was the weirdest thing ever! But it was a good night.

                                                                             
In the barn with the cows.

With the YSA for FHE at the Frogue's. 

Tuesday
We saw Nicole and she is doing good! She's has had a lot of alone time and so she's been reading the Book of Mormon. It's taken her a while because she can't read English very well. So we asked if she would like a German Book of Mormon. She said she would love one! So we're going to order her one. We also met a lady named Mary while we were tracting. She seemed pretty interested and when we went back later in the week she said "I've been waiting for you to come back! I told my brother-in-law and sister about you and they haven't stopped talking about you since you left!" They're all not YSA, but they're interested!

Ebony and Steven are doing so well! We went back and they had both read! Ebony read all the way to 1 Nephi 3 and Steven read to 1 Nephi 1. Ebony just loves the Book of Mormon. Steven doesn't really open up about that stuff. He's too tough. Lastly, this is a huge miracle. We had just stopped by Chelsea and Sam to check up on them and Chelsea wasn't home, and Sam... made her friend come outside and tell us very rudely that she wasn't interested. She said "We don't like people coming to talk about weird stuff." It hurt so bad. Mostly because she seemed so genuine and nice at first and it was all an act.... So ok miracle time. We were pulling out and it was about 8:30 pm, which we title "awkward time." It's so awkward if you have nothing scheduled. I then had a thought and I said "We need to go see Joe!" Remember Joe? Pretty interested then said he wasn't. He looks like a modern Jesus. I doubted a little if we should because I thought he might work. We went and we pre-wrote a note in case he wasn't home. We knocked and lo and behold... He was home. And he was still friendly. Basically I testified more boldly than I have in a long time. He looked in deep thought and said "Ok. I'll read more of the book and ponder this in my heart." So we left it at that. I don't know if he'll read or not or if it will change him, but I did what I could and told him what I absolutely know. Now it's up to him and the spirit.

Wednesday
This day we met with Richard... Who went out and got drunk the night before... And so we talked to him about repentance and then ended that lesson real quick. We then started a two hour drive to Hartford Kentucky for an exchange! Boy was that long. My GPS is crazy and took us off roading. We ended up on a dirt trail and I said "I'm gonna go for it!" Haha bad idea. Sister Stucki convinced me not to, thank goodness! We turned around and made it another way. But I was in Hartford with Sister Aiono from the rest of Wednesday, all of Thursday, and then we left Friday to go to Zone Conference. On my exchange I learned a lot. First of all I learned how much I love my area. Hartford is tiny, as in I already memorized where everything is. Also... I learned how much I've learned. I noticed slow transitions from lesson to lesson and slow walking and slouching while tracting... I realized how much more like a missionary I feel when I walk with purpose and just work work work! It's awesome. Sister Aiono is a great missionary! She has a strong desire to be here and learn all she can. She wants to just be able to do it all the right way. She desires to be able to answer people's questions. She has a great spirit about her. I'm so glad I got to go on that exchange.

Thursday
We did see quite a few miracles. We tracted into one of Sister Aiono's Investigators who had disappeared but still wanted to learn. We also found so many prepared people! We tracted into one girl who we taught the Restoration to on the porch and committed her to be baptized!!! It was so cool! I was dead tired at the end of the day.

Friday
We had to wake up at 5:20 a.m. to leave for Zone Conference. We made it just in time and I was so happy to see Sister Stucki again! I wasn't really expecting much out of Zone Conference actually... I get myself so hyped up and then get disappointed, but it was SO good! President Andersen gave a training on prayers and how to make them more personal. He also talked about how to receive answers. Ever since then I have been so much more determined to better my prayers. After all, I'm talking to the God of the entire universe when I pray. We also learned about teaching the atonement, and how to do church tours. We helped with that training. I don't know if you saw the picture on Facebook, but for some reason I look terrified! I was pretty nervous though. Sister Stucki told  me while on the exchange she set a baptism date with Ebony and Steven! They will be baptized on the 27th of this month!!! They are just honestly so prepared!

                                                                               
Our Zone (Amber is in the green blouse.)

Sister Stucki, Sister Rokovitz, Sister Bolos and Elder Bolos.

Saturday
Two huge miracles. First one: we did a church tour with Ebony and Steven and they loved it! Ebony was really into it. We showed them the baptismal font and Ebony asked if she would get to wear all white. They loved the chapel! And we had Steven read the sacrament prayer and then I played two songs on the piano. It was the best thing ever.

Second miracle: Calvin. We had the most powerful lesson with him. We haven't seen him in forever! We talked about answers and prayer and the Holy Ghost. He said he hasn't gotten an answer and he's prayed about it so much! So Sister Stucki asked him to pray right then. He smiled and said yes. We knelt down and he straight up asked if the Book of Mormon was true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet. She then promised him that if he would pray and tell Heavenly Father that he wasn't going to get off his knees until he got an answer, then he would get an answer. He's ready to act on whatever answer he receives, so honestly I don't know what God is waiting for!! He said he would pray after work on Sunday and text us. It was a powerful lesson.

Sunday
Such a good day! We asked for a few Less-actives to focus on from the bishop today and we’ll do that for all the wards. We only had 3 people in church... And honestly I wanted to cry about it. We still had a great testimony meeting and I felt the spirit so strong prompting me to get up and bear my testimony... So I did. And I bawled the whole time and shared D&C 6:2 where it says "behold, I am God." I love that so much!!! We then stayed for Sacrament meeting in the next ward with Ebony and Steven and they loved it! Steven didn't want to stay after Sacrament so they left... But they still came! We saw them later and taught about temples and it went pretty well. It was a little scattered but still good.

I know this is really fast and short and I actually haven't even had time to read your email yet. I might scan real quick and answer questions. I have to go! But I love you!

~Sister Rokovitz~