Monday, June 9, 2014

Loving Clarksville

Hi!

To answer all the questions you asked:

- How did transfers go? What was the day like?
Oh my... Transfers. I had such a bad migraine that I almost threw up that night in my new area! We missed the whole meeting and I was sweating like none other and I was tired but I found my companion finally and it went well after that.
                                                                             

- Who did you find to take you to transfers?
Sister Kimmel and Sister Young took us. We got a hold of them at 11:00 p.m. the night before. Sister Kimmel had to replace a tire so she couldn't come get us until 8:30 a.m. and then she had to tie my suitcase to the roof of the car so we didn't leave until 9 a.m. and we got lost in downtown Nashville. So we got to the meeting a half hour after it was over!
- What is your new companion like?
I love my new companion! She actually spells it Lefevor. She is so much fun! She loves pranking people and she loves milk and cereal too!!! We are keeping all our cereal boxes from the transfer to see how much we eat. We eat it for a lot of our meals... She's from Utah and she's been out for 3 transfers, this is her 4th.
                                                                             

- Do you go to FHE and institute with these Young Single Adults too? 
Yes!!!
- How do you like the ward?
I love it! It's actually not even a branch yet... But we're getting there.
- How do you feel about being in another YSA ward?
I'm so stoked. It's honestly a relief to not have so many people to take care of and not adults... YSA is just where I belong!
- How is the teaching pool in your new area? 
We have a few investigators. We have a new one named Gwen who has been taught for a while by other missionaries. Her concerns are she doesn't like the idea of eternal punishment for anyone, as in outer darkness. She likes reincarnation. And she believes all churches are good and right.
- How did Sister Schenk feel about being transferred so soon into her mission?
She was not happy. She was so sad and stressed but I think she is going to do just fine.
- How far is your new area from your old area? 
2 hours. It's 40 minutes from Nashville.
- Do you have a car?
Full time. I've been so spoiled!
- Do you use the library for emails or the church or what?
Church or McDonalds. Church today but still on ipads.
- What is the town like and the area?
It's like a smaller Nashville. Populated, 2 sets of missionaries in our complex and 3 sets close by. We get to see other missionaries!!! It's so much fun here! We live right next to the Fort Campbell military base so a lot of people are military. One of my Nashville YSA's lives there and I saw him the other day!
- What time does your ward meet on Sundays?
9:00 a.m.... But for the weirdest reason they have a meeting at 7:15 a.m.. It's terrible.

We've been doing a lot of finding this week. We have a list of 600 Less-active Young Single Adults in the area that we're finding and we've been tracting. We have a new game for tracting where we knock, I'll say a random word, and Sister Lefevor will have to use it in the conversation. Oh we laugh so hard! We switch at every door and you never know if your door will be answered or not.

Last night we were Less-active hunting and we met a girl who is active in the family ward.  She is a nanny for her relative. The relative she is staying with is named Amy and she is moving to Hawaii soon. Well.. not soon, when she finds a job. Her husband is in the military and is getting transferred there. She is a nurse and will have to work and so she needs a babysitter for her 4 month old boy. She's moving to Oahu and so I told her I might be able to help her out with that because I mentioned that I had family there.... She said "oh this is such an answer to my prayers!!" So maybe Terri has some teenagers in her family or older daughters who could babysit. I've been praying that there is someone there to help her.

Here's a miracle from this week that happened while tracting: We met this really cool guy the other day. His name is Caleb and he has heard of the church before. We gave him a pamphlet to read and when we went back yesterday he had read it!! But he said he didn't believe Joseph Smith was a prophet and the Book of Mormon wasn't necessary. We asked questions to understand his views... And he ended up saying he thought we were wrong but he didn't have evidence to say that and he's never read the Book of Mormon so he can't say it's wrong. We asked if he believed that God answers prayers. He said yes. So we asked him to take a leap of faith and read the Book of Mormon and pray and ask God if it is true. He asked if we had an extra copy of the Book of Mormon. I was shocked and slowly handed him the one I had. HE'S GOING TO READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!!! It felt so good to testify by the spirit and to have him accept. We are giving him 3 weeks to "bake" and read and pray. I'm so excited. That was such a miracle.

Things have been going good. It is so nice to have a fresh start. I had a commitment renewal yesterday. I studied sacrifice, repentance and accountability. I felt so renewed! I renewed my commitment to serve. Sister Lefevor and I are doing the 40 day fast together and ever since we decided that, we have seen miracles. Like with Caleb. The Lord spoke through us... The spirit was there and we asked inspired questions and testified by the spirit! It felt so good!!! Yesterday we made goals as a companionship and one of them was to dedicate 15 mins of every meal time to the Lord, to read scriptures or study etc. I'm reading Jesus the Christ and I can't put it down! I love it! I feel closer to my Savior already and I know this transfer is going to be full of miracles.

Also... There are Piggly Wiggly's here. I shall shop there one day haha. I'm sorry this is so short. Thank you for your support and advice and all you have done for me. Have a great week!

I love you so much!!!

~Sister Rokovitz~
       
 (Amber did not give explanations for these pictures so I can't really tell you what they are about. Also, some look a little fuzzy or blurred because she takes a picture with her iPad of pictures that are on her camera and sends them to us while we wait for another SD card in the mail.)