Monday, June 16, 2014

Hump Day (Amber's 1/2 Way Mission Mark)

I loved your box soo much! I've worn the shirt every single night. I've also slept with Pohako the camel each night. Yes, his name is Pohako. I died laughing with all the "camel" treats! I lined the bottom of my journal pages with camels. We also threw them at each other so there are random camels ALL over the apartment. Thank you so much! And I about died when I saw the Nashville Tribute Band CD!!! I've heard rumors that Nashville Tribute Band is going to do a concert here... They did last year and the whole mission was able to go. Fingers crossed!!!
                                                                           
Me with my Hump Day camel, Pohako.

Opening the Hump Day box that you sent me.

I love my Hump Day t-shirt. "What day is it?"

"Hump Daayyy! Woot Woot!"



I did love the Facebook post!! I wish I was allowed to comment on it... Just "liking" it is lame. But I loved it.

Haha sorry I was so rushed last week. I'm calmer now.. So about my wonderful companion: This is her first area and she's been here for 5 months, as of yesterday. She is from West Jordan. She is 19 and went to BYU-I same time as me!!! Ah! And she has 5 siblings and she's the baby. Any more questions?

I did see Larry's posts. He is so sweet! So I told him that when I come back, I'll bring y'all to meet him. So we have to go see Larry next year. Did you know when I get home, that will be his 1 year mark?! Then he can go through the temple!! How cool would it be if he went when I came back? Oh and he wants to do baptisms soon, and if he goes to the Nashville temple, he wants me to be baptized for his Mom!!!

Ok so about this week... we had a good one! We got lost several times. In fact after institute I was driving and driving and driving and it was a dark road with lots of trees and really windy... Sister Lefevor said "this doesn't look right" so she pulled out the GPS and we were WAY far away from home! Haha we barely made it by 9:30 p.m.

I've really fought to stay focused. When I get up I'm trying to remind myself why I'm here, who I'm here for, what my purpose is and how I can conquer the day. I really focus during my prayers and try to focus during studies as well. I'm trying to think about Heavenly Father throughout the day. It's helping.

The Lord has also been teaching me a lot lately. He's has taught me about humility, patience, and diligence. I guess that's what I get for studying the Christ-like attributes chapter lately. But I've learned a lot. Mainly... This time is precious and very short. I can't hold back and expect to go full throttle later. I have to work my hardest now. And besides, I don't want any regrets. So I'm working on just giving it my all every day and not wishing I was somewhere else. I'm going to be positive, appreciate the moment and enjoy the work.

We found 2 less-active's who we've been trying to contact for a while and they seem excited to come to activities!!! Heavenly Father placed so many small puzzle pieces together so we could find those less-active's. He delayed us by visiting someone, he delayed us at stop signs, and put us at their homes at the exact time we needed to be there. He also did that with an investigator named Joe. We were just lifting our hands to knock and he came up the stairs. This was our second visit. We asked if he had read the Book of Mormon and he said "yeah I'm only through the first book of Nephi though ..." AH! He's read all the way to Nephi in a week! He loves it and keeps feeling like God is trying to give him a message but he's not listening close enough.  Well... I think we can fix that. It's amazing to see how Heavenly Father has prepared him.

Ok. Lastly, a story to brighten your day. Once upon a time a member's sister moved out without telling her. The sister, Lexi, moved in with her boyfriend. The member knew her address and asked us to tract into her. So we tried last night. We pulled in, prayed, and then I asked which car was hers. Sister Lefevor pointed one out and then a jeep pulled in. She said "THAT'S THEM!!!" And we laid our seats back so fast and laid there. I sat up a little and watched them go in. Then we called the Fort Campbell sisters and asked them to help us. As we're on the phone, I see Lexi walking back inside!!! Haha she came back out for something so we threw ourselves back again! So we're freaking out hiding in our car. The sisters tell us to come to their complex. We see Lexi's door open again... She came out and walked towards our car!!! (We realized later that our pass-a-long card in the windshield was a dead give away.) She was pacing on the sidewalk looking at our car. We decided to drive to the building where the sisters were so I had to sit up..(randomly appear from nowhere) turn the car on, and drive away pretending to be just one normal person in a car! HAHAHAHAHA she totally saw us! Anyways, it was close to 9 p.m. so we had to leave. But it was a fun adventure! Stalking missionaries. It's our job.

Oh and we're keeping all our cereal boxes from the transfer. We have 5 boxes 2 bags down. We buy 2 boxes and a bag each week and 2 gallons of milk. I love my companion.

We've had a blast finding people and being in the rain. It's getting really humid! Possibly a cause of the migraines. I have 15 minutes left of p-day. We just finished a birthday party for Sister Hess. And we ate cheesecake and played cards and I win every round..... cuz I cheated at the beginning. I learned that from my poppa. HAHAHAHAHA it was fun.

Ok I love you!

~Sister Rokovitz~

P.S. I got a Facebook message from the Illinois elders yesterday and Terry contacted them!! Do you remember Terry? The golden investigator?! He contacted them and said our testimonies touched him and he wants to join the church!!!!

                                                                           
Missionary Minion.

Out by a field.

The fields are alive......with the sound of music!

Creepy place in the middle of no-where.

Major football fans.

Cleaning the car on p-day.

My companion, Sister Lefevor, eats bread, cheese and cereal.

Cereal party, a nightly thing.