Monday, October 14, 2013

One Month Mark

I made it to one month :) It's flying by!! Yet some days just seem so long!! Like last night... we were out of Book of Mormons and we had no appointments and no one to visit... So we just tracted in the dark and found no one... and it just took so long! We did meet a cool member though! We were going back to our car and this man goes "You two are amazing!" We were kind of like... What did we do? haha but he was a member and he told us his conversion story. He "stole" a Book of Mormon from a Marriott when he was 17 because he loved collecting books and then he let a friend borrow it for research, but he never got it back. Then one day, 17 years later he saw a commercial for a free Book of Mormon so he called and got one and they asked if he wanted missionaries to come by and he said no... but they came anyways. It took 4 visits to soften his heart and then he read it and knew it was real and prayed about it and knew it was true. It took 17 years! But he converted and got sealed to his wife :)

Okay so about my week. I got to play volleyball on Monday for Family Home Evening. It was so fun! It was great to be in jeans and just play! :) On Tuesday we went to visit a man who introduced himself as Brother Bob the first time we met him. We thought he was so nice but during the second time we talked to him.... he bashed on us and said we were brainwashed and that our religion was limiting our minds to everything that's out there... and all sorts of stuff. So I called him (in my mind) Beastly Bob. We're not going back... ever. Haha.  We have 6 college universities around us so it's really cool to tract by the campuses because we meet a lot of Young Single Adults. We had one girl who was leaving for vacation and we forgot to give her a Book of Mormon so we left one on her porch, and then there was a grumpy old guy who's house looked like a hoarder's house... and he wanted nothing to do with us. So we left a Book of Mormon by his mailbox... and we drove by yesterday and it's still there!!! >:( Wednesday we had the best Zone meeting ever! We had a training by Sister Vandenberg that answered my prayers. She talked about how to be a successful missionary and eliminating the "small things" such as sarcasm and slouching and stuff. We also did role play's with good missionaries and bad missionaries. It was hilarious!! Especially when Sister Hulme was the bad missionary. We were all laughing so hard!! Also that day we went out to lunch with all the Sisters in our zone. After lunch our car window broke.... So we had to drive everywhere with my window down and at night it was cold!! Then we had to take it in Thursday and it was there till Friday afternoon. So we did a lot of walking. But we met a lot of cool people! We met Cameron, a student at Lipscomb, and we are going to set up an appointment with him this week. We walked so much that day! By the end of the day I was losing so much hope and just sad and bummed and tired and pretty much just gave up.

Then I had the coolest personal revelation happen the next day! I was reading in D&C 6 and it was like Heavenly Father was literally speaking right to me. I highlighted verses 2 and 5-14 which basically say - I've answered your prayers before. If I hadn't of done that, you wouldn't be on your mission. Um...WHOA! Then I highlighted 15-22 which gives me answers about the night I prayed when me and Chris broke up and I got such a strong answer about going on a mission!! I also highlighted 23-25, 27, and 32-37, which to me says - That Christ basically will walk hand in hand with me on my mission! And he does not condemn me for my trials and doubts because I have sought repentance and truth. Now I am commanded to faithfully do the work which I have been called to do. - I titled Section 6 "MY REVELATION". Isn't that amazing! I stared at the wall for about 3 1/2 minutes after with my mouth dropped wide open. I was mind blown!! It's so amazing how God has spoken to me! And I've read that section every day since then.

Also that day, we passed out 14 Book of Mormon's!!!!! :D It was so cool! We met a lady named Shica that was so cool! She kept saying "baby" Like "I know what you  mean baby!" Haha She read from the Book of Mormon and we taught her the next day and she loved it! We also taught her friend Rena. Too bad we're going to have to give them to the sisters... They're not Young Single Adult. Friday... we had a miracle! We were tracting and the second house we went to was a lady named Vicki. She let us in and we told her a bit about the Book of Mormon and read from it. There were two little kids making a lot of noise but the spirit was so strong that it just over powered the kids noise. She interrupted us and asked where our church was. We gave her the info (She didn't come ) and then at the end, Sister Giles said "If you come to know that these things are true, will you be baptized?" And she said YES!!! WHAT???!!! Yeah! We had just met her!! It was crazy cool! We're going to have to give her to the sisters too but it was just such a cool miracle! We left speechless just wondering what had happened!! Oh and Saturday had another miracle too. We were tracting again and we knocked on a door and this girl, Carre, just let us in immediately. It was her and her friend Bethany who were also missionaries for their church. So they wanted to hear our story and what we had to say. We bore our testimonies and I cried through mine... anyways. After about a half hour their friend Hailey joined us. So we had an hour and a half lesson talking about the Book of Mormon and the plan of salvation. It wasn't bible bashing, which was cool! It was an actual discussion! And before we could ask, Carre had her info written down and wanted to talk to us more and take us out to lunch!! It's so cool! Her friends were just visiting so Sister Giles is going to teach them on Facebook. Oh man it was just amazing! The spirit was so strong and they also bore their testimonies of what they knew. It was a great night! And they gave us hugs when we left!

So apparently I've become some sort of celebrity here with my music. People have found out that I've written my own songs and they think I'm really good or something. But I'm not that good. Sister Hulme is amazing! Anyways... I have gotten to play the piano :) Thank goodness! And I think that when I go back to school I want to minor in music

I love you and I will send my pictures as soon as possible! Time is literally flying by out here!! I can't wait to email you next week!

Love Sister Rokovitz

I love mail!!!

Being a Zesty Zester.